Update on Lifestyle Cruise Procedures
Update from Mailing September 20, 2018.
In the past 12 months we have noticed a dramatic change in the way the cruise reservation process is working.
The exciting part?
Half of my calls every day are new cruisers excited to be booking their first Swinger Cruise! They have heard the good reviews and are SUPER excited!
The sad news?
The other half of my calls are from my loyal repeat customers. They all want a cabin on this November’s Bliss Cruise. They can’t believe it when I tell them it’s sold out with a wait list over 100 long. There is really no way to help them.
The November 2018 Bliss Cruise on Independence has been sold out for over 9 months. In Fact the ship is at 109% capacity with over 4200 people onboard. How does that happen? Many rooms have booked with an extra couple sharing the room. People are packing in for a chance to be on this cruise.
I absolutely HATE hearing the disappointment in their voices. What can they do? I put them on the waitlist and tell them to cross their fingers. But I know there is no chance.
To get the vacation you want – You must book early.
The new strategy is to book NOW. Make final decisions about actually traveling or transferring your payments to a future cruise later.
So why the shift?
It is as if these cruises have reached a tipping point and gone mainstream. We think it’s a combination things:
- For 10 years of satisfied cruisers have been telling their friends about this awesome vacation.
- In the past year mainstream media has picked up coverage on the concept of the cruises
- The taboo of an adults only sexy cruise for couples only seems to be falling away.
- Plus the US economy is going strong so people are able to make bookings further out.
What does that mean for you?
Well if you are planning to cruise and you want your choice of cabin, you MUST reserve early.
- We recommend booking as soon as the cruise is announced (sometimes as much as 2 years in advance) for best price and availability.
- Book no later than 12 months prior to travel.
What if don’t know my schedule or need to cancel?
- Deposits are small and we can work with you to minimize any penalty if you cancel 6 months or more prior to travel. Bliss offers us an awesome transfer program that really cuts penalties!
- Inside of 6 months all lifestyle cruises are fully non-refundable. We urge all clients to have travel insurance.
- The days of the cruise operators allowing travelers or agencies to ‘re-sell’ a cabin are over.
URGENT – if you want to be on Bliss Cruise November 2019 – Reserve Now.
- Balconies? Reserve now, they will sell out by November 2018.
- Promenades & Suites – Sold out – Reserve an alternate cabin now and get on the waitlist near the top for the best chance to get one if they open.
- Reservations & Information for November [Find out more…]
The Trend Toward Sold Out Cruises
Here is the inside scoop on what is happening behind the scenes with lifestyle cruise sales. If you want a good cabin on a great ship, you simply must reserve at least 12 months in advance.
Independence of the Seas – Bliss Cruise – November 2018
- Sold out 9 months prior to sailing.
- The waiting list for this cruise is over 150 couples
- This ship is at 109% capacity with over 4200 guests – many are in cabins as triples and quad occupancy.
Celebrity Infinity – Bliss Cruise – April 2019
- Sold out 6 months prior to sailing
- Has the youngest demographic by 10 years we have seen on a charter so far.
Desire Mediterranean Cruise – September 2019
- Sold out 13 months prior to travel
Galapagos Xpedition #1 – June 2020
- Sold out in pre-sale in less than 8 day